Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Florence- Early Morning Suprise

I arrived in Florence late in the evening after a long train ride from Rome.  It was dark, so I turned in pretty early.  The next morning, I was eager to investigate my home for the next few days.  What I saw as I stepped out of the entryway of my economy hotel, took my breath away.  The cathedral at the end of the street was amazing.  The early morning sun lit the dome covered building with a subtle hue of orange, making it stand out considerably from the shadows of the residential neighborhood. 
I'm sure that my jaw had dropped as I fumbled with my camera to record this moment in time. What a way to start the trip.  Only good things could happen after that...and they did.

2 comments:

  1. This is outstanding! If the dome wasn't already an obvious thing to look at, then the lines of the street lead you down towards it.

    ReplyDelete