Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lucca- Getting Lost and Lovin' It

During my travels in Italy, one of my favorite places was Lucca.  A small, wall-protected town with old world charm to spare, Lucca can be a bit difficult to navigate due to the narrow streets with buildings that block out your view of landmarks.  The best way to get around Lucca is to walk.  The roads are cobblestone and there are no stop lights and very few cars, mostly cabs dropping off tourists.

I made this image after walking the better part of the morning.  I have to admit to being lost at the time I took this shot, but I thought this spot was indicative of life in Lucca.  A great place to unwind and feel like a local.

1 comment:

  1. Walking around "lost" in small Italian towns is a great way to spend a day. You weren't totally lost of course, since the name of the street is right there in the shot. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete