Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Deja Vu

This is another image from Lucca, Italy made in September of 2009. 

I've been going through some of my unused images from the past 3 years in an attempt to find a diamond in the rough.  As time rolls by, we learn new techniques and acquire new software that help us process more challenging images.  It's the reason we don't discard less than perfect images.

This image is a perfect example of waiting until the best processing application is available.  Nik Silver Efex Pro has been available for a couple of years now but until recently wasn't a top priority purchase for me.  I'm very interested in this monochrome (black and white) media now and no software that I've found does more to help produce a quality black and white image than Nik.  On this image, I used the "High Contrast" preset to darken the shadows creating an image with more drama.

I'm new to this whole B&W thing, but I can already see that it's going to be an interest of mine for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment